At Farringtons School we value:
- the pursuit of the Gospel values of truth and justice;
- close co-operation between parents, pupils and staff;
- enthusiasm, endeavour and self-discipline in all that we do;
- academic rigour at all levels of activity;
- a commitment to strive for self-improvement;
- curiosity, critical awareness and responsibility;
- fairness, trust and confidence in our dealings with one another;
- initiative, creativity and tenacity in the search for personal growth;
- loyalty, leadership and supportiveness;
- tolerance and respect for others.
Farringtons School aims to:
- promote the holistic development of each person and to provide the best education for every pupil within a supportive Christian environment;
- ensure each child attains the highest academic achievement of which he or she is capable;
- offer a stimulating and broad curriculum and a wide variety of extracurricular pursuits;
- offer opportunities for worship in the Methodist tradition and for the discovery and development of personal faith, which is inclusive of those of other faiths and none;
- enable pupils to rise confidently to the challenge of higher education and employment;
- encourage the development of a set of shared values as outlined below.
Mission Statement of Methodist Independent Schools
Farringtons School is part of a group administered by the Council for Methodist Independent Schools.
We are all committed to the following Mission Statement: The Methodist church is engaged in education as part of its Christian mission in the world. Its schools will seek to extend the Methodist ethos and character and contribute to diversity in education.
The schools’ aim:
- to be caring Christian family communities committed to the development of the full potential of each individual, having regard for their personal attributes in addition to their academic aspirations;
- to maintain high educational standards in all their academic, cultural and sporting activities, stimulating excitement in learning and requiring discipline in study whatever the ability of the child;
- to work with and in the communities they serve;
- to worship as Christians in the Methodist tradition; to uphold Christian values in practice as well as in theory and to make religious education a strong feature of the curriculum, whilst welcoming members of other faiths (and none) in a spirit of openness and tolerance;
- to encourage pupils in a critical examination of the standards and values current in society and to discover and develop a personal faith to guide them throughout their lives.
Farringtons School values its Methodist heritage and Christian foundation which fundamentally shape the Aims and Values which emerge from the Methodist Independent Schools Mission statement.