Our mission in the Business, Economics, Accounting and Technological Systems (BEATS) department is to raise the aspirations of young people of all abilities by educating them to the highest measurable standards equipping them for life and work in a modern technological world; to this end, to exploit current and further technology to the full; to promote an educational culture which is artistic, scientific and technological, vocational and international.
“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” - Walt Disney, co-founder of the Walt Disney Company.
Aims of the Department:
- To provide education for all students in a range of different courses (Vocational and Academic) in the Business, ICT/Computing, Economics and Accounting fields.
- To ensure that all students receive a broad, balanced and high quality education including extra activities in an extended day.
- To raise levels of achievement.
- To explore innovative ideas in education.
- To involve business and industry in education
The BEATS Department has a central role to fulfil within the school. As well as delivering a stimulating curriculum. It is the responsibility of the Department to promote ‘technological awareness’ throughout Farringtons and to teach the importance of British values. Tailoring our subjects to suit both boys and girls of all key stages. Our goals are to:
- Assess in line with the school working on a National Curriculum style grading system at KS3- ‘Farringtons levels with +/- levels’
- Recognise that technological activities take place in many areas of the curriculum. We will try to facilitate this work and support technological initiatives across the whole school.
- Adopt a teaching approach in the BEATS department that is interesting and varied. The approach adopted for a particular piece of work or project will depend upon the required outcome.
- Ensure that all work undertaken in BEATS department is interesting and equally motivating to both sexes.
- Reinforce values defined as “British” through democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect, tolerance of those with other faiths and beliefs and Partisan political views.